Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year, New Decade

As the year and the decade wind down, I just wanted to take a moment to step back and look at my life since 2000. This has been my decade of (personal-wise) highs and ultimate lows, but as of December 31, 2009 - I feel better about my self, my life, and my soul than I did most of the decade. I went through a long period of ultimate lows, where I really didn't like who I was or what I was doing, living each day pretending to be a different person than the shallow, ugly person below the surface. After I hit my lowest low, I realized that below the fake surface, and below the shallow, ugly person, there was a good, sweet, kind individual who was dying to reemerge. So each day since my epiphany, I have worked through the latter part of the decade to peel away that ugly layer on top of the real me - the new me. It layered over and over again during the mid-2000's so I continue to work at peeling those layers......microdermabrasion for the soul so to speak. :-) And now I'm loving life more than I can ever remember in my post-college adulthood.

So while I do not believe the next decade will be all sunshine and lollipops, I feel hope and confidence that from a purely personal standpoint, it's going to be a much healthier and happier decade. Many more highs, and hopefully the lows aren't very low. I pray that I will continue to grow and improve - because let's face it, ALL of us have room for improvement. I hope to be a little less bossy, a little more patient, and a little less of a procrastinator. But most of all, I hope and promise to try my best to be a kinder person. That is my decade resolution. So.....Bring it on 2010!!!! And bring it on this next decade - I'm ready, head held high.

Happy New Year!!
TiffoBiffo


*******I need to clarify something. My mom pointed out that it sounds like I thought I was a bad person - I don't believe I was ever a "bad person" - just a person who made bad decisions. And after realizing the ramifications of these decisions, I have learned so much and think it's actually enriched my life and my appreciation for kindness and long-term thought processing.
This message was never intended to be of a negative tone and for that I apologize for any confusion. It was supposed to be a message of hope and goodness for the present and the future. I'm truly sorry if it was read any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment